DO THIS FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS BICYCLE…
My name is Jesse Acosta, and I am the staff photographer for New Times. I’m trying to organize a cover shot for next week’s paper. The Shot will incorporate as many bicyclists as I can find to demonstrate the concept of “rush hour in a world where bicyclists rule the road.” In order to pull this off I need at a minimum fifty bicyclists to show up at 8:00am (to avoid traffic) Saturday (09/03/06) in the plaza in front of Firestone (corner of Osos and Higuera downtown SLO).
Things you need to set out Friday night, in preparation for the next days festivities:
1) A bike with tires full of air ready to ride early Saturday morning.
2) Business attire i.e. business suit, brief case, pasty come-over, glasses, “the young professional look,” carpenter wear, architect, anything to convey a normal day going to work just that you happen to be riding a bicycle rather than driving a car.
3) Two alarm clocks that will ensure you arriving on time (8:00 am).
4) Big smile, because it will be a great opportunity to meet yourneighbors and be on the cover of New Times, and you’ll be able to point yourself out to all your friends (who didn’t show up).
5) Money, for coffee and Saturday garage sales.
Please be there. I know that it is last minute, but such is life. It will be good to show your support for biking here in San Luis Obispo. Plus you’ll be able to hit up garage sales on your way home.
Please email me a conformation that you’re coming at: email@example.com
Thanks for your support and please forward this to any who should be there.